Monday, June 22, 2009

Give me a P!

Precious is learning English! Isn’t school great? I think everyone should do it!

So now, when she plants herself on the top step outside the door and spies me through the window, instead of saying , “Auntie Jan, bra,” she says, “Auntie Jan, come.” Her word of the week is “sleeping”, making her favorite sentence, “Grandma is sleeping.” Whether grandma is, in fact, sleeping or not seems to be irrelevant. I’ve taken it as an opportunity to teach her how to say “awake”. She has some distance to go on prepositions and verb selection and tense – as in “Me is sleeping,” means, as near as I can tell, “I am tired,” since she was sitting droopily in my lap at the time. But, hey, she’s only been in school 4 months! And, she’s highly motivated since she has these darned oburonis living next door.

She is also learning how to write her letters and to count. Here is a cute shot of her after copying her name on our white board. She can barely reach it - just like me!
XO

No comments: