Thursday, June 17, 2010

Corn on the Cob, anyone?

When I first arrived, I thought Precious was about 4 years old because she's just a sliver of a thing. But along when I returned the following June (about 9 months later), they told me she had a birthday in April, while I was gone, and had turned 6. So, that meant that when I was about to go home this last March she would have been rapidly approaching 7. And yet, she still had all of her baby teeth. It seemed odd to me and I wondered if perhaps her sister, who told me Precious' age, had mistaken the year.

Then, finally, she had a loose tooth! However, it still had not fallen out when I returned home in March. When I returned just now, though, her body seemed to have remembered it's job and she seems to have lost them all at once. Three front bottom teeth and the two top teeth are all out at the same time! Her english is getting better all the time, but the tooth situation puts her pronunciation to the test - what could be cuter?
XO

No comments: