Sunday, October 5, 2008

Welcome to Ghana!

I arrived in Accra on Thursday morning at 8:20 AM and Whit picked me up at the airport. We drove immediately to Koforidua - about 1.5 hours to the NE. Once out of Accra, it was a lovely drive over a "pass" of about 1000 feet and down a narrow curvy road on the other side.

Whit showed me the residence/office space and paid the contractor who had just finished "remodeling" the kitchen and building our wardrobes and office furniture - completely by hand with no electric drill, saw, etc. It is actually quite good and reminds me of IKEA. Here is a picture of Whit in the office. That's my desk in the foreground - remember, both desks and file cabinets were hand made. All the walls in the building are the same green color.

Anyway, Thursday was mostly spent running errands and settling in at the hotel. The residence was not quite ready to move in.

Friday has a wild story, but I'll post it separately. XO

No comments: